GoM Materials Movement Procedures
Shell Gulf of Mexico Truck Request Process
Option 1: Offshore Initiated (Rig orders materials and submits request.)
- After placing an order, the offshore asset will complete a Shipment Request Form and send to the Supply Coordinator and the supplier.
- This request is used to dispatch the truck in time to make the boat.
Option 2: Vendor Initiated (Use when the rig does not submit the request. Normally for vendors that receive their orders through Central Procurement (SAP) or some manner other than direct communication with the offshore asset.)
- Shipping vendor completes the Shipment Request Form and sends copies to the Transportation Coordinator.
- Upon receipt of this request, the logistics group will dispatch the load to a carrier who will confirm the pickup time and service the request.
The shipping vendor completes the Shipment Request Form and sends copies to Transportation Coordinator.
Upon receipt of this request, the logistics group will dispatch the load to a carrier who will confirm the pickup time and service the request.
- This is for business pertaining to Gulf of Mexico assets only.
- Print a copy of the form to accompany the material.
- Please provide accurate material information, specifically dimensions and weights, as these are important to ensure appropriate transportation.
- Give as much advanced notification as possible as this facilitates better planning which results in improved service performance.
- Attach any supporting documentation to the request and make note of any special requirements on the request (stopovers, special equipment, etc).
- Questions or follow-up calls can be made to (504) 425-3975.
- Requests can also be faxed to (985) 396-2084 if you do not have access to email.
- Form Instructions are attached to the forms themselves.
- The attached document, Equipment Shipping Check List – 2-7-2017 may be used to assist in determining equipment readiness.