HSE Expectations to work for Shell Upstream Americas (UA)
- Contractors adopt our philosophy of “no harm” concerning people, the environment, etc. We call this Goal Zero. Zero significant incidents, in addition to following applicable laws and regulations.
- Contractors are expected to have an HSE-MS (Management System) to address HSE risks and controls to manage those risks. The extra S and SD (Security and Sustainable Development) are included in the expectation.
- Contractors (medium/high risk) are required to subscribe to ISNetworld, which is our tool for managing a large pool of contractors throughout Shell. http://www.isnetworld.com/
- The best overall resource for learning more is to visit www.shellcontractor.com. Goal Zero, Life Saving Rules, Golden Rules, standards, etc. are all contained on this site.
- In Canada, Shell contractors who work in Alberta or British Columbia must have a “Certificate of Recognition”. For information about the Alberta Partnerships Program please go to http://employment.alberta.ca/SFW/277.html.